The Canadian Federation of University Women (CFUW)
CFUW Markham Unionville is one of over 100 CFUW Clubs, located in every province across Canada, which belong to The Canadian Federation of University Women (CFUW). Since its founding in 1919, CFUW has been working to improve the status of women, and to promote human rights, public education, social justice, and peace.
- Has special consultative status at the United Nations
- Is represented at the Canadian Commission for UNESCO
Click here to read more about the History of CFUW National.
CFUW Markham Unionville
CFUW Markham Unionville’s first meeting was held on September 18, 1984, at the home of one of our inaugural members. There were 34 women in attendance. From that first gathering, our club has evolved to become a thriving organization which offers over 100 women the opportunity to meet and socialize with others while working together toward our CFUW goals. Members make new friends, broaden their knowledge and work to help others through:
- Attendance at monthly meetings where there is a short business meeting and a program of monthly speakers and special events
- Participation in one or more Interest Groups
- Helping to set CFUW policy through the work of our Issues and Advocacy Committee
- Involvement in community and outreach projects through support of the Education Fund
- Volunteering on the Battle of the Books Committee
We support equity, diversity and inclusion.