“Inspired by the power of women working together,
CFUW Markham-Unionville welcomes women of all backgrounds
to share in our vision of equality, social justice, fellowship and life-long learning for everyone.”
With these words to inspire us, our club officially endorsed the The Inclusion Charter for York Region on April 19, 2023. In doing so we join with other local-serving organizations across York Region to create the inclusive community we all envision.
CFUW Markham-Unionville is proud to be the first community club to endorse the Charter. Endorsing it reflects our commitment to being a welcoming and inclusive club for everyone. This also helps achieve an action of our equity, diversity and inclusion plan.
Endorsement of the inclusion Charter for York Region both celebrates what we have achieved as a club and offers a vision for the future. Many other club actions ground our inclusion work, including:
- Creating the club’s Equity Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) working group to work on inclusion initiatives and develop and implement an EDI plan
- Conducting a diversity survey of members to inspire efforts to broaden club membership
- Updating our website to be more inclusive and accessible to people of all backgrounds
- Continuing to include diversity and inclusion speakers in our monthly speaker series and ensuring the meeting space is accessible, and
- Maintaining awareness and responding to issues related to the status of women, diversity and inclusion through the club’s Issues and Advocacy group
- To learn more about the Inclusion Charter for York Region visit York Region’s Website.