The next Battle of the Books will be held on Thursday May 11, 2017 from 7-9 pm at Highgate Public School
- Reading List for the Battle of the Books 2017
- Battle of the Books 2017 Registration Form
- Battle of the Books 2017 Rules
In partnership with the Markham Public Library System and Teacher Librarians, we are proud to sponsor this unique educational event with elementary schools participating together in friendly competition.
The Battle of the Books programme has been developed to stimulate enjoyment of recreational reading by encouraging students to read widely in authors they already enjoy and to discover new authors recommended by students, teachers and parents. All grade 4, 5, and 6 students are invited to form teams, first at their school level, and then in our Community Final.
- Winning schools are presented with a plaque and substantial book donations.
- Winning teams receive medals as well as books, while all participants receive a ribbon and at least one book.